Thursday, November 4, 2010

Reserve & 1913 Room: two views into the kitchen

I grew up in Kalamazoo, about an hour south of Grand Rapids, and up until I started working at Reserve I had been up here maybe five or six times in my life. So I don't necessarily know all the cool things to do in this town, but I bet I can tell you one cool thing that you haven't done yet.

We're in the Windquest building on the corner of Monroe and Lyon. Directly across Lyon from us is another great and completely different restaurant, the 1913 Room in the Amway Grand. I know that there is a good chance you've been to either our restaurant or theirs, but what you probably don't know is that if you walk halfway down Lyon St you can look into the windows of both of our kitchens and see the chefs at work.
This is the view into the 1913 Room's kitchen.This is the view into Reserve's kitchen. That's Tyler looking at the camera, me with my back to the camera, and Ed off in the distance. Thanks Blair for the pictures.

I think it's really cool to be able to get a behind the scenes glimpse into the hearts of these two restaurants. There are not a lot of place where you can do that. The best time to come down would be on a busy Friday or Saturday night when the kitchens are working hard. Start over at the 1913's window, come across the street and take a peek at us, then come inside Reserve and warm up with a glass of wine and some pork belly.

No comments:

Post a Comment